Saturday, September 28, 2013

RSS in Education

RSS is a tool that can be very useful in education.  My school district is in the early stages of adopting Google Apps for education.  I decided to make a video that would demonstrate how classrooms could use RSS in a Google Apps environment to publish and discuss their learning.  Blogger is still a new idea in our learning environment.  It is now readily accessible, and teachers are excited to have their students give it a try.  RSS and Feedly are great for teachers and students to collect all student blogs into one clean and easy to read place.

I made this video with the intention of providing it to teachers and students in my district.  This was my first effort with some of these tools.  I believe it is something we can use and build from.  I hope you enjoy it.

In taking the time to complete this assignment I have reflected on the importance of screen casting as a method to provide instruction.  I am experiencing its value as a student in our program, especially in 502.  As a technology director, I am realizing the need to have simple instructions on topics unique to my district's computing environment available in this manner.  At the moment, we have no videos of this type available to assist staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment